Why the Melting Pot?
- Superb location, only 2-3 minutes walk from Capitole, Jean Jaures, Place Wilson, Rue Alsace Lorraine, Jeanne d’Arc, Victor Hugo and many more Toulouse landmarks
- Covered and uncovered south-facing terrasse on the tree-lined historical Boulevard de Strasbourg, ideal for sitting back with a cold one and watching Toulouse go by;
- Diverse and multi-lingual staff from both France and further afield (Ireland, England, Germany, Kenya), fluent at a minimum in both French and English.
- A great atmosphere, enhanced by our extensive range of draught products, comprehensive satellite/TV coverage and wide-ranging music system, updated weekly with all the latest music from the Irish, British, European and US charts.
- Some of Toulouse’s best restaurants only a stone’s throw from our door; L’Entrecote, Meet the Meat, Le J’Go, Le Saint Tropez, Bistro Romain, Pizza Papa, le Paradis du Fruit, Maison du Cassoulet and so on; as well as McDonalds, Quick, Subway and Hippopotamus for those so inclined!
- Across the road from Marche Victor Hugo, Toulouse’s largest covered market with its meat stalls, dairy products, green grocers, florists and bars to name a few, as well as its tiny restaurants on the first floor, preparing food from the market produce. Open every day except Monday.
You will find us at 26, Boulevard de Strasbourg, directly in between the two metro stations of Jean Jaures and Jeanne d’Arc. Boulevard de Strasbourg extends from the top of Toulouse’s main street, Rue Alsace Lorraine (Jeanne d’Arc), to the hub of Jean Jaures/Place Wilson, where the two primary metro lines intersect.
We are the only pub located in the core of the city centre of Toulouse, which is defined by the triangle of Capitole, Jean Jaures and Jeanne d’Arc (including Place Wilson). In and around this triangle you will find the vast majority of Toulouse hotels, restaurants, cafes and nightclubs.
TV / satellite / sport
The Melting Pot has 4 LCD/Plasma screens, showing all major sporting events and occasions. Our satellite coverage includes Sky Sports, ESPN, Setanta, RTE, Canal +, Canal Satellite and many others (incl. Eurosport, TF1, France 2 etc.).
All 4 screens can be connected individually, allowing multiple games at the same time (2 x Sky boxes).
PUB QUIZ :
From september to june every sunday night at 9 p.m.. Great competition with general knowledge questions in french and english and big prizes for the first 3 places.
Mon to Fri : 5pm - 2am
Sat : 1pm - 3am
Sun : 2pm - 2am